There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Closet Drinker

First off, sorry for the extreme lack of posts. It is unacceptable. 

Now, I want to tell you about a friend. This friend is what I would call a closet drinker. She does not really like others to know that she drinks. She is in no way a drunk for she rarely does drink. But those moments she does drink she does not like others knowing. Not necessarily EVERYONE but just people she doesn't know or overly religious people. Her friends are just so excited to see her drinking that we think it is awesome. This person got "drunk" on Shirley Temples at my debut when she could have had free wine, beer, or liquor. A shame to me. The other night I via Skype helped her open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew. It was quite a feat. It was a bottle of white Barefoot. Awesome. At one point I told her to give up and go buy a boxed wine. Luckily, she didn't listen to me. Her proclaimed favorite drink is a Sex On the Beach. She claims that others think she doesn't drink for religious reasons but it is just because she never tried anything she liked. She doesn't like beer. I can't say the first beer I tried I thought was delicious. It takes few tries to like it, I think. So over time I think she will like other drinks more and be more comfortable with others knowing she drinks. It is a slow process. 

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers